What’s holding you back from freedom? What’s holding you back from pursuing your purpose? We all usually have this “one thing” that we harbor. This “one thing” prevents us from ever entering what God has for us. This “one thing” is the culprit that’s blocking our healing, deliverance, marriage restoration, financial breakthrough, etc. We must learn to let it go. It must be released; you must free yourself from it!
Abraham learned his. His “one thing” was his nephew Lot. Lot had to go in order for Abraham to enter into his promise. Read his story in Genesis 13:1-19.
Obedience is that key for freedom. Our obedience has to come out of a desperate need to honor God. Our obedience is the gateway to God’s continual blessings and favor in our lives. But our disobedience closes that gateway. Here are a few pointers that’ll help you obey God and His word over your life. These pointers will help you get rid of the “one thing” that’s been hunting and hindering you from entering into your land of fruitfulness.
- Be honest about your “one thing.” God has already pointed it out in your life. Be honest about that area of compromise. Honesty is the raw material of repentance. Acknowledge it and know you need to remove it.
- Recognize that you can’t have two landlords over your property (your heart). You must allow Jesus to be the Lord over your life.
- Refuse to live in compromise, so separate immediately from that “one thing.”
- Learn to listen to the Holy Spirit. He speaks everyday in many different ways. A life of freedom is a result of hearing God’s voice. And remember that life ends and religion begins when we fail to hear the voice of God.
- Crucify the “one thing.” You can’t train your fleshly desires to be holy, they must be crucified. Remember this, what you don’t kill will eventually kill you! Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Crucify that “one thing!”
Don’t be held back by that “one thing.” Enter into your freedom.